Summer Intern Program
Summer architecture internships for students to explore their interests in the architecture field.
All positions for the 2017 Kirksey Summer Internship Program have been filled. Please check this page in December 2017 for information regarding the application process for Summer 2018.
Summer Internship Program
The Kirksey Summer Internship Program for Architecture & Interior Design was created to identify students prior to the last year of their professional degree in architecture or interior design at an accredited U.S. institution. The program will provide practical experience in a professional architectural environment that will enable the students to explore their areas of interest in the field of architecture. Beyond the daily work experience the students will be involved in weekly seminars on diverse subjects within the business of architecture and weekly site visits to projects of varying types in different stages of completion.
In order to identify individuals who are interested in developing their professional careers in Houston, Texas, after graduation, Kirksey will receive applications from students who will be entering the last year of a professional degree in either an architecture or interior design program. Only students in programs at accredited U.S. schools will be considered. Qualified candidates will complete the final year of a Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree from a U.S. institution with an NAAB accredited program or an Interior Design degree from a U.S. institution with a CIDA accredited program in the year following the Summer Internship Program.
Internship Application Process
Please check this page for application dates. The 2017 Summer Internship Program is now closed. Candidates will be required to submit the following information for our Internship Program:
- An application letter expressing their interest in the Kirksey Summer Internship Program.
- A résumé demonstrating all work experience
- A current transcript from an accredited U.S. institution reflecting a minimum GPA of 3.3 (if in a Master’s program, also include undergraduate transcript)
- At least three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a design studio professor.
- In addition to mailing the above requirements, a portfolio must be submitted as a PDF file.