As an IT manager and systems admin, your typical workday involves desktop and software application support, backup maintenance, SAN maintenance, server support, infrastructure support, disaster recovery preparation and IT planning.
Our typical environment includes Windows Server OS (cloud and on-prem), Windows desktop OS, Mac OS, Synology NAS Devices, ISCI, HP servers, Smartphones, iPads, Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk and Architect related software packages.
We value employees that can troubleshoot effectively, communicate clearly, learn quickly, think outside of the box and foster relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor and remediate all System backups
- Build new servers and move attached storage around as necessary
- Set up and configure new laptop and desktop standard images
- Manage all internal IT helpdesk requests and ensure they are actioned
- Escalate IT issues to the Director of IT where necessary
- Create purchase requisitions for IT hardware
- Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
- Set up new users and disable expired accounts in Active Directory
- Performing system administrative support duties, as required
- Manage and report progress of IT projects as assigned by the IT Director
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Substantial technical capacity.
- Good communication proficiency.
- And quality time management
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or related field plus 5-7 years of experience in a virtual machine, PC/local area network environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of PCs, laptops, servers, automation, networking, and peripheral hardware devices.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve onsite and remote server related computing and hardware problems.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, ISCI, Network cabling, Office 365, Veeam, virus protection, and diagnostic software.
- Should be proficient in a scripting language Knowledge of Visual Basic is a big plus.
- Working knowledge of Revit and other Autodesk products is a plus.
Qualified candidates submit résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org